Tuesday, July 10, 2007
Happy Independence Day! I know, I'm a week late, sorry! We have had a wonderfully exhausting week! Wednesday we had Swedish pancakes at Sarah's for breakfast, which were delicious! We then spent the rest of the day relaxing and enjoying each other: the kids played in the baby pool, colored with sidewalk chalk, played with the dog, and Erinn grilled for dinner! It was a lovely, quiet, day! We waited and waited, then around 9:30 we walked to the high school for the city of Cameron fireworks show. It was wonderful. We got great seats and were able to see the ground show as well. We were excited when Josh, Amanda, Annie, Katie and Kenny came to sit with us. It was really fun. Thursday morning Erinn and his dad went for a long hot day of golfing. (Yes, he got a lovely sunburn!) The kids and I went over to Sarah's house for a fun day of family reunion play. It was so great to see everyone again. It's really amazing how we can just pick up where we left off and have such a great time together. Our little girls especially enjoyed Logan. He has gotten so big and he is so cute! We had a wonderful picnic lunch, and spent most of the day just catching up and laughing. That same evening we went to the Cameron pool for a pool party..I think everyone had a blast. I was happy to see that everyone got to swim and I couldn't tell whether the kids or the adults were having more fun!!! My kids loved the water slide and even Jenna couldn't get enough! It was great! Friday we spent the day getting ready for the wedding reception. It was really hot! The reception turned out beautifully and we all had a great time. The girls dresses were beautiful, the cake was beautiful,(and it tasted good!) the bride and groom were lovely and smiling, the decorations were amazing and the music was booming! My kids especially enjoyed the fireworks display and catching the parachutes. Hannah is a dancing queen along with her cousins! They had so much fun! Saturday morning Erinn took the two oldest boys to their swim meet, where they both did a great job. I will let you know where they placed when I find out! The rest of the kids and I went back to Sarah's for the big football game and more socializing. Isaac got to play football with the guys and had a ball! It meant a lot to him to be included. He had so much fun! The girls just played and played. That evening we went to the Royals game...I was so relieved when they won. It was a great game full of suspense and errors! It was fun. And HOT!!! Afterwards we went to Applebees for dessert and more laughs. All in all I would say this has been a wonderfully exhausting week!!! I can hardly wait until the next reunion!
Labels:
random acts,
the more we get together...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
Can I just copy this and put it on my blog? It says the feelings of my heart and I agree, It was a wonderful and exhausting week and I can't wait for the next one.
Post a Comment