Last night as I was putting dinner on the table we got a phone call, it was our softball team asking of we wanted to play this year. We said yes, of course, so they said okay, our first game is in 45 minutes! So, Erinn and I hurried the kids through dinner and went to our first game of church softball. It was so much fun! I play catcher and Erinn can play anywhere...this game he played left field. We did so great...they had to stop the game because we met the run limit! 15-0!! Erinn had some amazing catches, and I finally made it all the way around to score the last run of the game! Our kids loved watching us play too, so that makes it even better.
I also got the results of the boys swim meet on Saturday. I have to say of all the sports my children have been involved in this has really been worth the money! They have gained a skill that they will use throughout their entire lives. On the first day of practice neither one of them could make it across the pool, let alone do a stroke correctly. But now, not only do they do strokes but they have been consistently improving their times! I am so glad that we did this! On Saturday Sam came in third in both of his relays, fourth in his back stroke, and sixth in his freestyle. He has taken his freestyle time from 37.3 seconds to 30.7 seconds, and his backstroke from 59.5 seconds to 41.75! Noah came in third in his relay and sixth in his back stroke. He has improved his freestyle time from 42.2 to 31.3 seconds, and his back stroke went from 1:58.8 to an amazing 49.2 seconds! I am so proud of these boys. They are working so hard and improving so much! I can hardly wait for the rest of my kids to join. We love sports!!
Wednesday, July 11, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
That is SO cool!! I am so jealous of you...and your "sportiness"!! You and Erinn will have so much fun playing softball this year, again!! Yea for SPORTS!!!
Post a Comment