Wednesday, June 18, 2008

My Garden


Red onions, peppers, broccoli, and some herbs
This year at our Stake Conference, our Stake President asked us to plant a garden "as if your very life depended on it" so we went home and got to work. We have an extremely small backyard, and thought a garden was pretty much impossible! But, my good friend Sasha reminded me of the square foot garden. I got excited about that and decided to give it a try! So a month later here you go... Isaac helped me build the boxes, mom and Spenser helped me mix the dirt and fill them up...and then I added the grids and the plants. They are doing so great! I am so looking forward to harvest time...I have a box of strawberries (YUM) and all kinds of other stuff. The carrots aren't doing so great but, everything else is looking good. and I hardly have any weeds! I am loving this garden!
Tomatoes, green beans and carrots

Cantaloupe, zucchini, cucumbers, and maybe a watermelon
(crowded I know, we'll see how this goes!0)

STRAWBERRIES!!!
Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

Jenny said...

You garden looks wonderful.

Seth, Sarah and the kids said...

i was just telling my sis-in law about it because she was complaining about not being able to do one... Your garden is so great. I am glad you found space and did what you were asked. It really looks so nice in the backyard too!

Hopkins said...

wow! Looks like you've been busy!!! Crazy swimming boys and garden! Go Nat!

BJ Scott said...

These look beautiful Nat... I love our little garden also. You have way more variety than I do.. and size is not an excuse for me... just time... good luck with yours and happy harvesting.
~Kimberly

Stephanie said...

Garden's can be such a tease. Just be prepared. The creatures are lying in wait as well. I have tomato bushes on my deck. No worry for the rats way up there, however, I was patiently waiting for my first tomato to perfectly ripen when the next day I went to pick it for dinner and it was half gone! Ahhh but not to put a damper on such a good thing. Your's looks awesome. And strawberries- YUM!

Phogles said...

strawberries! and a garden! that's so so cool. By the way, I love the look of your blog. It's been a while since I've checked in on yours, and I really like what you did. :D

Mother Gooneybird said...

Wow! Your garden is lovely. Come see mine. It is frustrating to me. perhaps it wasn't a good idea to put it on cement so that I wouldn't have to touch dirt. Hee hee.