Monday, June 2, 2008

Its about dang time!!

We have been doing work on the house! So, this Friday we borrowed a ladder from our neighbor and decided to cut the limbs off of the tree out back. This tree had major damage from the ice storm and we could not get to them until the weather was nice (plus we were kind of scared to death to do it!) So, Erinn climbs up the ladder and starts sawing off the limb, he gets half way through and starts to feel sick, so down he climbs...he goes into the house, takes a shower, and so I climbed up in the tree to finish the job! I sawed off the limb and it falls across the ladder...so I'm stuck up in the tree! Did I mention it had started to rain, one of those quick summer rains but, wet! Well, fortunately for me, we had a guy working on our gutters, he came around the back of the house, sees me stuck up the tree, meanwhile I'm cutting every branch I can reach...just to stay busy ;) and he kindly moves the huge limb so I can get down, and offers to cut the rest of the limbs for me. It's amazing what a girl stuck in a tree can get a guy to do for her! ha ha ha (you girls know what I'm talking about...and don't lie to yourself, you've done it too....smiling/flirting to get out of a ticket etc...) Anyway, we spent the day trimming the tree. Then we had to cut the branches into smaller pieces so we could haul them back to the side of the garage...we haven't figured out what we will do with all this wood...I suggested a copper fire pit...we'll see... The kids had a great time helping out, and climbing on the garage!

Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Jenny said...

I love the story. You are such a good writer. I am so glad you are blogging again, I have missed you!

Jen said...

Hahahaha! That's straight out of a sitcom!

Josh, Amanda, and Talon said...

I can just picture it in my head and I am laughing. But I do know what you mean about doing a little flirting to try and get your way. That is one great thing about being a female.

Seth, Sarah and the kids said...

amen...it is about time!! i love that you still 'got' it!! heheheh!

Stephanie said...

ohhhh...now that sounds like a fun one! I am sure you thought of a thousand things to say after you were out of the tree.