Monday, December 1, 2008

Thanksgiving Wrap-up






















Okay, I know I am way behind here but,
we had a great Thanksgiving holiday and I wanted to share...
First, we were thrilled and excited to be invited to Hillary and Alex's house in Arkansas for thanksgiving! They just moved into their new house and we haven't been out for a visit yet so this was exciting! (By the way, they just added a new member to their family!!! A new baby boy...Jackson Alexander Sperry! Welcome to the world baby Jack...I can hardly wait to meet you!)

Gas Prices were super low...$1.45! I filled my car for $34.00. I couldn't believe it! Anyhow, we loaded on up and headed on out!!! We arrived a bit tired, four hours later....It was Premiere night for Twilight so...of course, we went to the show. (I felt a bit old and out of place among the throngs of teens and tweens who were quoting the movie...and making all kinds of other noises...they were really quite entertaining!) Overall I liked the show, I do think it would be hard to understand if you hadn't read the book. I liked all of the characters except for Rosalie (did you want some fries with that shake?) oops! I also think they did the house wrong...It was supposed to be a big restored farmhouse...that was Esmes passion right?! other than that I think the movie was well done and visually as accurate as it could be...and I can't wait to see the next one. I would also love to see Host done into a movie....maybe with a bigger budget. :) That would be great!


We had a great visit with the Sperry's and the rest of the family that was there. (Alex, Hillary, Allyson, Olivia, Alayna, and Phoebe Sperry. Doe and Nathan Sperry. Jenny and Ron Doan. Jake, Misty, Gideon, and Ashelyn Doan. Seth, Sarah, Annie, Jared, Katelyn, Ella, and Jason Galbraith, and us! It was nice to be together again. The food was fabulous, the kids were entertaining, our hosts were perfect. We really had a great time. Thanks Hillary and Alex for having us!!!


Well we went back to school and normal life for a few days...(I painted a couple of signs...) then for Thanksgiving day we drove down to see Erinns dad and brothers. John couldn't make it because his mom is sick, so we had Dan, Sherman, and Steven Earnheart. Sara T. (Dan's girlfriend). Steven's girlfriend and her kids Selena and Santana. Steven brought his new baby boy Kamryn Lewis Earnheart, so that was fun. The boys enjoyed playing old school Nintendo in the basement. Dans girlfriend Sara made the food. It was wonderful. It's nice for me to just show up and enjoy a relaxing afternoon. We went for a nice long drive afterward and Erinn told stories of growing up in Kansas City. It was really great.

Friday, we decided against going shopping...too many people and not enough $ saved = not worth it!!! So, we got out our Christmas decorations and had everything up before dinner! I was amazed at how quickly we got the job done! The house looks beautiful! I think I am finally starting to feel it...Christmas spirit??? is that you??? If nothing else, I feel the urgency of the very quickly approaching date on the calendar...I am excited about all the fun gifts to buy, make and wrap...the parties, the snow, Hannahs Christmas concert, Santa Lucia Day, quilt shop classes, birthdays, vacation days, and last but not least....the upcoming new year. Cause we all need a fresh start (at least once a year!:)

Speaking of fresh starts...we were thrilled to attend Jared's baptism on Sunday!! Yay Jared! We were happy to get to share one more day of family fun and food. Sunday afternoon we enjoyed dinner and dessert for Jared, Spenser, and Grandpa Fish(although he and grandma stayed home due to the snow that fell Saturday) We missed you both! It was a lovely day. at the end of which I enjoyed a little Americas Funniest Videos and The Amazing Race!! I finally signed up for the DTV box so maybe we'll be able to see the fuzzy things on TV soon! :) (Thanks Misty for suggesting that!)

Anyway, that's about it...I have to teach sharing time tomorrow, and attend ward council mtg at 7am so I better go get something else done!

Love you all, Natalie

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanksgiving was great. It was really laid back this year, which seems a little different than years past.

Do you have The Host? I still haven't read that one!

anyways, love you guys, and congrats Hannah on the big Tooth loss!

Jen said...

Such nice days! Are you teaching at the quilt shop? I wanna see your signs, too!