I thought this tag looked like fun so here goes....1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? I will do either...I am not picky but I LOVE a well wrapped gift...they are so pretty.
2. Real tree or artificial?We started out with a real one...I love the smell and the feel of a real tree. We always had a real tree growing up and I wanted that experience for my kids but, we live in Missouri where real trees cost as much as the fake ones. So, we went fake to save money but, its been about 11 years now and we are beginning to think about change...I have gotten used to the fake one though...Its nice to put it up quickly and I do think our tree is beautiful.
3. When do you put up the tree? The weekend after Thanksgiving
4. When do you take the tree down? The weekend after New Years.
5. Do you like eggnog? Yes, but, in moderation. One tiny cup a year is good for me. I once laughed suddenly and shot eggnog out of my nose...I haven't been much of a fan ever since.
6. Favorite gift received as a child? There are so many...I can't narrow it down to just one!
7. Do you have a Nativity scene? Six or seven...I love them...my favorites are the Jim Shore and the Willow Tree. I also LOVE the one I have from Grandma Doan, it is really meaningful to me to have and care for something that someone else once loved and cared for.
8. Hardest person to buy for? Erinn's brothers.
9. Easiest person to buy for? My kids. They tell me all the time what they want and love!
10. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? Its hard to tell...lets just say I once went to three stores trying to return something I got, not knowing where it was from!
11. Mail or e-mail Christmas cards? Mail! I think E-cards are cheesy
12. Favorite Christmas Movie? I still love Charlie Brown and Rudolph. But, the Muppet's Christmas Carol is right up there. A Christmas Story and Elf crack me up too. I also enjoy the Tim Allen Santa Claus movies...Can't I name them all? I love Christmas movies!!
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? December
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? I can't remember ever doing that...
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? red cabbage, Swedish meatballs, cheese dip... I LOVE our Swedish smorgasbord.
16 Clear lights or colored on the tree? Clear
17. Favorite Christmas song? God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen/We Three Kings by Sarah McLachlan and Barenaked Ladies, I also enjoy O Holy Night by Josh Groban, and Bring a Torch Jeanette Isabella by Peter Breinholt. Oh yes, I also love I want a Hippopotamus for Christmas, and Feliz Navidad. (All those years of signing feliz navidad in grade school cemented that one!)
Oh and I am a sucker for classical stuff...Mannheim Steamroller, Trans Siberian Orchestra, etc. Is that too much? Sorry:)
18 Travel at Christmas or stay home? Stay home, though we have talked about travelling...sounds like fun to me!
19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer? Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Donder, Blitzen {and Rudolph?}
20. Angel on the tree top or a star? Star. All the way.
21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? We let the kids open one on Christmas Eve and then the rest on Christmas morning.
22. Most annoying thing about this time of year? It all goes by so dang fast.
23. Favorite Christmas tradition? The Advent Calendar, Santa Lucia Day, Dancing around the tree, and the massive smorgasbord of food!
24. Up early or sleeping in? We are up WAY early!
25. Who hands out the gifts? Me or Erinn if he wants to.
26. Does Santa wrap your gifts? Usually Santa's name is on at least one of our gifts...but, our kids all know that Santa is just a fun story. They figured it out on their own...we didn't try to ruin it for them, I swear! But, when they asked us pointed questions we didn't lie to them.
27. Do you tell the Christmas story? Yes, all season long, as often as possible.
28. Do you leave cookies for Santa? YUP... and they are always bitten by morning...Santa would get a tummy ache if he ate the whole cookie at every house!
Well, that was fun, entertaining and educational...Now, its your turn! Tag...your it! Enjoy!!


No comments:
Post a Comment