Monday, December 15, 2008

My first Quilt!!!

Well, here it is! Mom called and said today would be a good day to machine quilt my quilt top, so we did!!! Can you believe it??? I think it is so beautiful. Now I just have to hand stitch the binding and it will be completely done! I LOVE IT!!! The pictures really don't do it justice. We used a free swirls pattern for the edge to edge quilting. It looks so cool. And I really enjoyed using the machine! So much fun!!!
You too could have an amazing quilt like this...just come on down to Hamilton to the Missouri Star Quilt Co. and we'll happily teach you! :):):):):) Its easier than you think and it is so much fun. This is one thing that doesn't get undone five minutes after you finish (unlike laundry, dishes, dinner, etc.) and for a mom those are gifts that are hard to come by. I love quilting!!! Thanks mom, you are amazing!!!
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Al said...

looks great nat! Congrats!

Seth, Sarah and the kids said...

yeah!! it looks awesome Natalie!! you did good, real good! :) i think this is one of my favorite patterns....i just love all the stars and the scrappy look of it!

Hillary Sperry said...

Nat that is so gorgeous! You did a fantastic job!

Jenny said...

This was a fun day and you did a great job! I love that you love it!

Josh, Amanda, and Talon said...

I love the quilt! It looks amazing. I think one of these days I would love to try my hand at something like this. Great Job!

Jen said...

Beautiful!!! I bet you're hooked!