We drove up to the Santa Cruz mountains to the Big Basin Redwood forest. It was so beautiful! We took the kids on a hike through the forest to a waterfall and back. They loved it! The trees were amazing, the forest smelled so good, and the weather was perfect for a hike! The redwood trees are unbelievably beautiful and enormous!!
We took our kids to fisherman's wharf so they could see the sea lions and sample the clam chowder. It was so much fun...they loved watching the sea lions and most of them loved the chowder...the ones who didn't like it gave their chowder to me (poor mom;)!! I was sad that the monkey wasn't there anymore. The kids had fun anyway and all came home with a souvenir!
We decided to take the 17 mile drive on our way to Point Lobos...It was such a gorgeous drive, the homes are beautiful and the views of the ocean were stunning! We had a lovely picnic at Point Lobos and then we hiked in to the beach. It was fun teaching the kids about poison oak, and the California Poppies. They loved seeing the sea otters, the birds and deer. We tried to visit China Cove but, it was all taped off...so we went on until we came to Gibson Beach. It was also beautiful, and the weather was gorgeous so we stopped and let the kids play. Jenna fell into the water up to her neck so she spent most of the day in her undies. This vacation has been absolutely amazing!
Thursday, April 10, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






6 comments:
beautiful pictures!! i love that you were able to go to so many places!
Excellent post and beautiful photos.
I loved thsi post and this blog.
Have a nice day
Beautiful pictures! How fun for your family to get to do all these awesome things together. I'm sure the kids will remember this FOREVER!
What a vacation! Love all the pictures. I can just smell the wharf and here the carousel and remember so many of my own best childhood memories visiting California in the summers and hanging out with my cousins!
I love Point Lobos...What a bunch of memories this brings up. I love the feet pictures and all of them. This was really fun to see. thanks Natalie!
Why did we move again????? These are some great photo's. Thanks for sharing. I can smell the ocean air and feel the slight chill in the air but man do I miss it!
Post a Comment