Tuesday, July 8, 2008

More festive fun...

After we got home from breakfast we did some decorating...I love to paint the girls nails red, white, and blue. But, this year we went a step further and added face painting! The kids loved it...(my older two boys are waay to big for this kind of stuff!) ha ha ha ha! After face painting we all walked down the street and found a nice spot under a tree in front of our friends house and sat down to watch the parade! It was a great parade this year! My favorite is always the horses, I guess it takes me back to the horse parade in Salinas. I loved that parade. Grama Doan would always take us...and I was just in love with all the horses. They would dress them up and put glitter and all kinds of costumes on them. I would think that we would have more horses here in Missouri but, I think we had more tractors in our parade than anything...maybe politicians...anyway, we LOVED seeing Katie and Sarah marching with the King and I cast, they were so cute! I can't wait to see her play!

Well, after the parade we headed home for a late afternoon barbecue...which was delicious, of course! and then we all just hung around waiting for the fireworks to start! The grownups watched 10,000 BC and the kids played games. Sarah and I sewed, and we played a little football. The weather was fabulous! I don't think we have ever had such perfect weather for the fourth of July before. It was a beautiful day.

We all walked down to the Cameron middle school where we watched the fireworks show! It was awesome. They did a great job and all the kids thought they were in heaven! It was the perfect end to a perfect day! Happy Independence Day!!!



Posted by Picasa

No comments: