Friday, October 5, 2007

Its Spirit week!!!





The kids have been seriously enjoying spirit week this week!!! Our high school homecoming is tonight so all week the schools have had different things each day to show team spirit! These are pics of crazy hair day!!! They also had crazy sock/hat day, pajama day, nerd day, and Dragon Spirit day/Black and Gold day. I love all this fun stuff. Its fun to see my kids let go of their embarrassment to participate in something fun/funny like this.

On a side note, I took the kids to the eye doctor this week and Sam HAS to wear his glasses ALL the time...I really like this new eye doctor though. The office ladies were friendly, they helped me with insurance stuff, they put up with the kids, and the doctor was considerate and patient. He treated me like he would his own family, and I appreciate that. Its not very often that you find a doctor who has genuine concern for the needs of his patients. It was nice not feeling like I was getting a sales pitch the whole time too.

I also had a lovely time at women's conference. It was nice to get out and be with the sisters in our stake. The conference itself was also wonderful, if you didn't go, you missed out! They talked a lot about families and how it is our role to defend the family, to teach our children and to be faithful. The talk I found very interesting was Barbara Thompson's talk. She isn't married, and has no children of her own, but, she had so much good to say. I know she was inspired. She basically said that Satan is working overtime to destroy the family, and we need to do everything in our power to combat that. She pointed out how forgiving children are and reminded us not to feel guilty about things we may or may not have done. Just ask forgiveness, change your ways and move on. (I needed that) She said do not neglect your family, they are your most precious possession, and strengthening the family is our sacred duty. Julie Beck said we must be strong and immovable in faith, family, and relief. It was the relief part that got to me. We need to take hold of our responsibility to be prepared in all things. She said, "focusing on relief will always bring sociality, whereas sociality will not always bring relief." I think its interesting how the spirit works and prompts us to do certain things at specific times in our lives. I have been particularly concerned with food storage and emergency supplies lately, so if anyone needs help, I can get you started (or at least tell you what to do!!! that's one thing I am good at!!;)
Well, we have General Conference, and Stake conference back to back. Soccer and flag football all day Saturdays, scouts, field trips, and primary stuff (meetings, the sacrament program) and Halloween coming up, and I am going to try to burn 10,000 calories in six weeks (should be fun)!!! Not to mention my current obsession with food storage which translates into canning like a crazy person! So hopefully I will be able to stay on top of it all!!!! and keep you posted!
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Jenny said...

Thank you for your comments on Womens Conference. I really wish I had gone...of course after it's over. But anyway I also LOVE the spirit week. You kids always had so much fun with anything like that! I love you.

sperry said...

That's so much fun! We haven't had any stuff like that here they just tell them to wear school colors whoopie! :/ Anyhow I also loved Womens Conference There is so much for us to remember and I am so grateful for the help :)

Krispy said...

I missed Womens conference :( Thanks for posting some stuff on it. I love those hair dos!!