Tuesday, September 11, 2007

What a day...


I know, its a horrible pic but, this is how I looked at the end of the day! Okay, now that I have had time to cool off...sort of...I think I can tell you about my Monday! It had to be one of my worst days in a while. It started first thing in the morning when we were running late for school, I thought the little boy that I babysit wasn't coming because he usually gets here early, so I was upstairs yelling at Hannah to go downstairs so we can comb her hair ("Get yourself downstairs now!!!") when Sam says, "Mom, Wyatt's here." I flood with embarrassment and try to recover, (not to mention the awful state of my house) Then Jenna breaks out a monstrous tantrum and starts ripping off her clothes so I carry her screaming, with her pants around her ankles to the van!!!So, off to school and then the gym...I had a tough workout because I was already feeling the effects of an all over grumpiness, when I went into my body sculpt class and asked my instructor (who has had a boob job) where she buys her bras (I figured if she spent that much money on her boobs she would also buy a nice bra) well, we talked and she asked me if I had ever been fitted...I said yes, but, the sizing is never right because I don't actually fit the size that I measure (a B cup) so, this very thin, tattooed, pierced freak-girl next to me says with disgust "you are so not a B!!" Duh!!! Isn't that what I just said??!! And if I wanted an opinion, I sure as heck wouldn't ask her! so then I go home, shower, and start the laundry(I had to get Hannah's dance shirt clean by this evening) then I start steam cleaning the carpets under my couches like a crazy person because I cannot stand hidden dirt and it has been under there way too long. I decide to make a few phone calls as well...I call the vet because the dog has stitches that never dissolved (he was neutered in May!) He said to bring him right in, so off we go to the vet! It didn't take long, and when we got home I went ahead and gave him a flea treatment. Mom called and for some reason read me my horoscope which basically said don't share your humorous enlightenment with others because what you think is funny wont make sense to anyone else! So, if this blog doesn't make any sense...blame the stars!!! Ha Ha!! Okay we got home from the vet, mailed some bills, and picked up a prescription, then it was off to pick the kids up from school. While I waited in the parking lot, I called to make our eye appointments...I need contacts badly...and the kids haven't been in a couple of years so, its time...that was a huge pain and took much longer than I thought it would. Then we drive over to the middle school to pick up my oldest, he is late, I am wondering what he's doing, if hes at the book fair or dead...etc. He finally arrives at the car (all the other cars and buses had come and gone) and proceeds to tell me that "nature called" I said gross Sam, too much information! but, he, being a boy, went on to tell me about his spicy bean burrito with a side of beans and five packets of hot sauce! It really burns and he had to flush twice!! Like its a trophy he just won!!! (I guess you had to be there!) He then tells me that a secret admirer left a note and some gifts in his locker! I can't handle my kids growing up, I think I might die...Its raining now...the littlest ones (Jenna and Wyatt) are outside throwing cat food at the older kids, I have just enough time to finish steam cleaning the carpet send Wyatt home with his mom and get Hannah ready to Dance at the football field (in the rain!) It was crazy...Erinn brings home Wendys, and I take Hannah out, when I get home Jenna starts bawling again so I just sit on the couch and veg...Eventually the girls fell asleep. There is a God! What is wrong with me??? I have never been so randomly angry...wait...maybe I am just noticing it for the first time?!! Yikes I need to go to bed!

8 comments:

Jenny said...

You truly made my day! That is a worthy story! I Haven't laughed that hard in a while. I love you for living through it!, and having the strength to tell about it!

Seth, Sarah and the kids said...

hahhahahahah! I LOVE hearing your horror stories, too! I am sure Alan will be able to relate very well to Sam and his bean burrito....what can I say, it's in his genes...or is that, jeans?!??! You are an awesome Mama!

Unknown said...

You're so funny! This was so fun to read! You are pretty dang amazing!

Al said...

not gonna lie, I never anticipated reading about my sisters boobs today, but you never know do you?

Alicia said...

Natalie,

I love you and your humor! You make me laugh and feel good and help me realize I am not alone in my crazy days and sometimes crazy head.

Missing and loving you,
Alicia

Jen said...

Hope you know we're all laughing with you (I hope)...not at you!
Toss the bra, grab some earplugs and take a dip in a hot bath - you deserve it!

Phogles said...

just one of those days, girl! How do we live through the craziness? I think blogging is a survival tool.

Elisabeth said...

it's amazing how a bad day can just build up. you're doing a great job handling things and laughing about it later.