Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Smithville Lake

Sam was able to bring his very best friend Joseph along for the campout so that was a lot of fun! These boys have been buddies for a couple of years now and they have a lot of fun together. Unfortunately Josephs family moved on Labor day, so this was their last bit of fun together for a while, hopefully they will get to see each other again someday.










Here are a few pics of the kids swimming at Smithville Lake! It may look like a lovely beach and a nice little lake....but looks can be deceiving...the sand ends at the waters edge and you walk right into mud! It is super yucky sticky mud too! At one point Jenna got stuck and started freaking out, so I went out to save her and got myself stuck, my flip flops came off in the water and when I reached down to pull them out of the mud they broke! At least they were cheap ones! The kids all had so much fun and slept the rest of the day! It was a lovely little trip...one we should definitely do again!!



Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

sperry said...

Dang we're missing out! I'm glad all of you had fun though :) I love the lake... A few lost flip flops are so worth it!

Elisabeth said...

it does look beautiful.. I'm glad Florida beaches have sand all the way though though... I know my kids would freak out if they got stuck.