Monday, April 27, 2009

Heather Bailey Pinwheels...and a little more Nest!

I made this quilt top with my front porch in mind! I have a large wall space out there that is in serious need of cheerful color! and who doesn't love pinwheels?? This one makes me smile...
and then there are these little birds...er..chickens! I happen to really like chickens...I have been trying to think up a fun way to use the rest of my nest layer cake and these blocks are what I came up with...
I love how some of the prints look like I fussy cut them (I DID NOT) I am way to lazy for that! But, this turned out so cute...I might actually make the effort next time! So, now I have to choose between the Heather Bailey Pinwheels and Tula Pinks Nest for my front porch...These life altering decisions are so hard to make!!! :) I am sure it will turn out cute either way! Maybe it'll be easier to decide after they are quilted and bound! We shall see...

They are just so dang cute!

7 comments:

BJ Scott said...

Oh my goodness these are awesome!!! You are getting to be a quilting rockstar!!! just look at you go

BJ Scott said...

Oh my goodness these are awesome!!! You are getting to be a quilting rockstar!!! just look at you go.

Jenny said...

These are beautiful!! You can use them both. Just change them out!
Love Love Love it!

Margaret said...

These a both so awesome. I love the birds and all the bright colors. Wonderful!

Jen said...

I love the simplicity of these...the fabric does all the work!

Isa said...

I love them.
Simple but beautiful.

One Flew Over said...

Love the heather bailey pinwheels! Just beautiful!