Monday, April 6, 2009

And here are a few in the works...

This first on has to be one of the most fun patterns to put together! I used two charm packs (I used the Zippity Doo Dah line, I couldn't resist fabric with that name! It made me so happy!) I sewed a whole bunch of half square triangles with Kona Muslin. Then I just arranged them in the diamond pattern. I got the idea from the cover of the Quilts and More magazine (which I am too cheap to buy, and too lazy to read!) But, it looks pretty much the same to me! I love it!
This next one is my first donation to the MSQC's Quilts for Kids! Isn't it just so cute?!
Aaaahh my scrappy quilt...I just decided to sew the thing together without sashing...I think it looks alright...I know it doesn't match and has no theme...but I still like it.
Oh boy, my coins quilt is on the machine! I just adore this one! I made it with three Nouveau Charm packs cut into 2.5" squares. I turned out so cute...I can't wait to get it bound...Then I'll have to wait for some sun to get a decent picture of it!
And finally my finished top from the Oh Frannson Quilt-a-long...I just love this fabric. The quilt-a-long was fun too. Hillary is feeling inspired to do one of her own...I will probably follow along! Because I really need more on my plate! :) Erinn keeps asking me "who are these for?" and "what are we going to do with all these quilts?" Apparently he doesn't get it...
1) You can never have too many quilts
2)I can make quilts just for fun! To try new fabric and new patterns!

Oh and we finally got Sarah quilting! She is so hooked! I love it!

And coming soon a couple of T-shirt quilts for my boys and I just have to try this quilt!

7 comments:

Seth, Sarah and the kids said...

I love each one of those quits you are working on! I am so amazed at how fast you work! I started the next group of pin wheels. Not having as good of luck with this set though! UGH! :)

Al said...

dang, you don't mess around man. That's a lot of quilting! You should post this up over on the other blog/forum. Very fun!

Amanda said...

Well if you ever end up with Just TOO many quilts.. you are more then welcome to send some my way... :)
They are all so beautiful. I wish i had this skill. lol

Jenny said...

You are doing so well and this is so much fun for me!!They are beautiful and I want to do the zig zag so let me know when you start! I can hardly wait for Hillary's quilt along.

Unknown said...

I hope you have a back-up sewing machine - yours is racking up the miles! LOVE your work - the coin quilt is CUTE. I saw that "secret" diamonds cover, too. Very cool.

Mother Gooneybird said...

Wow! Beautiful! Come help me with the curtains I want to make. I am stuck. I am just not as creative as you are!

Qubie said...

I really love the Zippity Doo Dah coin quilt and pinwheel quilt. I may have to make the diamond one. I am lazy like you and cheap. I like simple quilts. For some reason they speak to me. Now if I could just get some of mine done. Is that your long arm machine?