Thursday, April 16, 2009

A fun little hike!

The kids had their longest Spring Break on record...four days with a weekend sandwiched in between! I guess they didn't have any snow days to make up! It was nice and relaxing! We finally had some sunshine and temps above 50 so we decided to go out and play! Sarah and I gathered up our kids...stopped by the shop to wrap up a few things...(trimming a quilt, shipping, blah, blah, blah!) :)
(oh, AND A HUGE thanks to Misty and Mom for covering the shop so we could go play!)...
and finally made it to the big outdoor woods! It was so much fun!
Isn't it just gorgeous! I can't wait for Spring to really "arrive" the trees will fill in, the flowers will bloom! It will be even more lovely than it is now! I love how the trail is right next to the waters edge...and that my kids are old enough that I didn't have a long-running panic attack all the way around the lake! I did joke with them that they were on there own if they fell in! :)
(I totally would have jumped in...no worries!)
They had the best day...we let them throw some bread to the geese...fortunately there were only two geese (and ten food flinging kids!) so they didn't have to share! The kids just had a blast. They talked, and ran, and played! It was just so peaceful. We will have to do this again soon!
Bring on Spring! For real!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm glad you guys were able to have such a fun day! I love being at the shop, I only felt slightly bed that Andy had to watch my tots... and I mean that, only slightly!