Thursday, April 16, 2009

A few finished quilts...

This first one is made for a family friend who is struggling with terminal cancer. I wanted to give her something that would be meaningful, but, I also needed to get it done quickly so I went with a simple hourglass block made from a layer cake. I think it turned out really lovely. Hope she likes it as well!
This is my coins quilt! Finally done! I made it with three Nouveau charm packs...I just LOVe the border fabric! This is one of my faves..I may hang it on a wall in my house! (only because it is too small for my bed!)
Here is my baby quilt to donate to the Quilts for Kids Charity. I made this one all out of scraps except the green border. The floral is leftover from a dress I made myself (ten years ago), the white is from a sheet that I cut up for a mummy wrap game! I am especially proud of this one because I was able to make something amazing with stuff I already had! Who knew this was hiding in my closet all this time...disguised as old fabric that I almost tossed into the trash thinking that I would NEVER use it!

and a table runner! I LOVE this table runner...It is a double hourglass made from the famous Fresh honeybun! I actually did two and...gave one to Sarah! It is so bright and cheery! Happy Spring! So, I now have FIVE finishes for the Spring to Finish challenge! Yay!

(make that SIX...my diamonds quilt, made out of Zippity Doo Dah, is also finished just not photographed!!!)

4 comments:

jacquie said...

fabulous finishes!!! congratulations. you are pretty motivational...i need to get my you know what in gear!

Seth, Sarah and the kids said...

WoW!! You amaze me!! They are all so beautiful!! Good work, lady!

Unknown said...

Wowsa girl! You are seriously AMAZING.

Angela Nash said...

I love the pinwheels!