


Sam has had an extended birthday this year...and he has milked every minute of it!! "Mom", he'll say, "I am still the birthday boy!" He thinks he's pretty funny (Smart)! So, for his birthday this year (his dad was in Milwaukee, I will post about that later!) I took him and the rest of the kids to Red Robin for dinner. That is his favorite restaurant and he got to order off of the grown up menu! He loved it! He had endless refills of root beer and steak fries. He got the chili cheeseburger, the crew came and gave him a balloon birthday hat and sang happy birthday Red Robin style! That of course came with a birthday dessert which he shared with all of us (in truth, he was just too stuffed to eat it all himself!) After that we went over to Target to hunt down a birthday present. He picked out a Lego's set and a pack of football cards. Football cards are his current retirement plan...He thinks they will be worth "A LOT" of money when he is old!! :)
Fast forward through the week to this Sunday...He was ordained to the office of a deacon! It is so exciting and awe inspiring to see your children grow and change. He really is a sweet kid. We worked hard all week memorizing the last three articles of faith so he could earn his Faith in God award. He was really nervous about getting the priesthood. Somehow I think he knows what kind of responsibility comes with it, and I think he still wants to stay a kid. He did great though and had a wonderful day. After church we had the family over for lunch and Sam got a few more gifts! He had a really great day! Thanks so much to all the men who participated in the ordination, and to those of you who came for the lunch it was a special day for Sam!
4 comments:
still sooo shocking that he's 12! where does time go, and why can't we get it back!??!?! congrats to sam.....i can't wait to see him pass the sacrament.
oh, happy birthday, Sam! I know I'm a little late, but it's so awesome that he's a deacon now. Is it cool to sit in Sacrament Meeting and watch him pass with the rest of the Aaronic Priesthood?
Thanks for having us over Nat!!! Love you hot mama!
12, seriously???? I can't believe time passes so quickly!
Happy Birthday Sam. That cake looks scrumptious!
Post a Comment