Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Pears!!!

On Tuesday morning Jenna and I joined the
Grove family to pick pears! Yum!

We picked for about a half an hour and will probably get at least 100 qts of pears! We're thinking we may try Pear Sauce and Pear Butter. Any favorite Pear canning recipes would be great! I found a lovely website that has tons of great Pear recipes just not for canning...anyhow, we had a great time and the kids really enjoyed each others company! I LOVE canning!!! It is so rewarding. Unlike making dinner, where, as soon as your done the food is gone and then you get to clean up! When you "CAN", you get to see the beautiful food on the shelf for a long time! and in the winter when fruit is expensive, you have yummy nutritious food to feed your family. Not to mention the happiness I get from my kids loving the canned fruit WAY more than the store bought kind!!! Yay for canning!! I will probably be doing this for a few days so you know where I am!!! Oh and if anyone knows where I can get green beans and apples...that would be GREAT!! (Of Course, any other fruit or veggies would be great too! :) Just let me know! I'm on the prowl....ha ha ha ha
Posted by Picasa

No comments: