Tuesday, September 9, 2008

My Latest Project


So, my latest home improvement project occurred during the week that Erinn was gone to Milwaukee. I figured, he isn't here to argue and its a great surprise right?? Well, Monday morning after dropping him off at the airport I moved all the furniture and rented a steamer! My mom and dad showed up to help (They are AMAZING!!!) We stripped off all the wallpaper and found a box for a light switch! I had thought that I would never get a light in this room so that was awesome...We pulled new wiring in by drilling holes in the walls and ceiling (I am only a little bit bruised from the drill..Ha ha ..I dropped it on my face!) We mudded and taped and sanded for days....My mom and dad worked waaaay harder than they should have but it was so much fun! Then it was time to paint (finally) I had decided that I wanted to paint the room a really dark navy blue but, when we put the color on the walls it was like a bold clown blue so we started dumping paint into a bucket until we got this color...I LOVE it! It fits perfectly with the house and the trim...everything I have looks better now! It was the same with the ceiling we just combined old paint until we found a color we liked...It looks so great...matches the walls and the house. We got the job done by Friday, just in time for Jake and Al to install my new ceiling fan! They were so great...they came over after a hard days work and put it up for me...Thanks guys it looks great! And thanks so much to mom and dad...without you I couldn't have done it! Thank you Thank you Thank you!!! I love my new room!!

The two pics at the bottom are just so you can see how bad it was before!!!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Seth, Sarah and the kids said...

it looks so awesome! it feels so good to accomplish a project! i bet you are glad it's over.....on to the next! :)

Stephanie said...

Man Sarah stole my word. Your room looks Awesome! It is so great you have folks around to help paint. It really looks good..and you've inspired me to complete my kitchen!..not in blue though.