

On Friday, Gramma Fish called! She said that she and Grampa had tickets to see Les Miz but weren't going because of the storms...and did I want them??? Are you kidding??? I was so thrilled to get to go. So, after much talk and planning I invited my friend Sasha to go with me. It was terribly stormy. The aftermath of hurricane Ike was blowing through. Many of the roads were flooded, there were tornadoes in the area and driving rain so bad we could barely see the road! We were assured though that the show would go on...So, off we went. We had dinner at Chipotle (it is amazing!) then we went to the theater. (we were a tiny bit terrified from the drive) but, we found our seats and waited excitedly for the show to begin. The curtain begins to rise and a man steps out...Everyone is applauding, he says,"You're not going to like what I have to say...the sound equipment is wet so the show has been canceled." Oh my, you have no idea how sad we were! They said we could use our tickets for a different night though so, we decided to go to a movie. We saw Mama Mia...it was alright but, I wasn't that impressed! (sorry mama mia fans) Well, we went home and decided to try for the next night. (We actually consider it a bonus that we got to go out two nights in a row...when does that happen???) So, we get to the theater again...BUS LOADS of people...It was a packed house! We sat in our ponchos, in the rain, and enjoyed the best play I have seen in a long time. It was AMAZING!! The actors are from the Broadway cast...the scenery was beautiful...Their voices were perfect. I LOVE LOVE LOVED IT!!!! I need the soundtrack now! I had the hardest time not singing along at the top of my lungs!!! It was so much fun! I would go again in a heartbeat. I am seriously considering selling something just to get season tickets..hahhahha! Thanks so much Gramma and Grampa! It was a fantastic night!!!


7 comments:
Sounds like a perfect weekend... too bad you two were so exhausted even into Monday to really get through the fog and enjoy your memory.... ;)
PS did you notice MY blog is not listed with Sasha ,Hmmmm.. I think we know who she prefers :D
so fun! I am so glad you were able to go. Starlight is so awesome...there is just something so cool about being outside that makes the experience even better! I think we should get season tickets to go together! (our husbands can babysit!!)
(and why does sasha look drunk??) what did you guys drink there?
I'm so glad you got to go too! It was sooo amazing and I totally agree about it being the best play I've seen in a long time, they did a great job although I was a little sad I didn't get to experience the rotating stage.
That sounds like it was a lot of fun! Don't worry about the giveaway I'll add you. I fixed it though so if you want to check out My business blog you can now.
I love that you loved it! When you see something like that you sing for days!
oh, how much fun is that? An adventure with a friend, two nights of girl-time, and an awesome, soul-stirring performance. I can't even tell you how insanely jealous I would be if we weren't such good friends. *grins*
I love starlight! I saw beauty and the beast there. pretty sweet. I'm pretty sure your play was way better. I'm jealous!
Post a Comment