Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Happy Birthday Jenna!

Wow! I can't believe that my "baby" is four years old already! It just doesn't seem like that long ago we brought you home. She has been such a joyful person. Always smiling and having fun. She has a huge imagination and spends hours just playing with her toys. Often I will hear her say "Mom" and I will answer her, then she says, "not you mom, I was talking to my horses." She is too cute! She loves to play dress up and tells people she even sleeps in her princess dresses!

She is our little princess!
Okay so now for the party story....We had a great day, Jenna and I. We cleaned the house, she watched her pony movie. We went to Wal mart to pick up a few things, she asked for corn dogs and Gatorade for lunch, and since its her birthday I said, sure! So, we go home make the cake, and eat lunch. Around 4:30 she says, "my tummy hurts from eating those two unicorns!" I giggle and say okay just rest for awhile till your party starts. I have no idea what she is talking about until much later. She falls asleep...she never sleeps at this time of day! she doesn't usually nap at all! So I am mildly concerned, but, I am busy making dinner and entertaining family that has come to celebrate with us. We wake her up for dinner and she seems fine just sleepy...We sing to her, she blows out the candles, then we let her open her gifts. She got lots of wonderful things that she loved! When she opened the quilt that I made her she said, "Uh, I wanted a toy!"
(nice) Then she was thrilled with everyone else's presents that were toys! see the picture in the bottom left corner...she is trying to open a small box (a cute little necklace) well, as soon as I finished snapping this picture, She threw up all over everything! It was horrible...It got all over her toys, her clothes, her quilt! I've never seen kids back up so fast! We figured out that the unicorns she ate were actually corn dogs! Ew! I feel so bad for everyone there, I had no idea that she was sick. and I couldn't tell you the last time she threw up (that never happens!) anyway, I was so grateful for mom, Sara, and Erinn for helping to clean up the floor and Jenna. And I am so sorry if any of you get sick! We had quite a debate over eating the cake...she did blow the candles out...some of us went ahead and took our chances, and to them I say, "you were warned!" I guess it was a good party...it wont be forgotten! Happy Birthday Jenna! Thanks for the memories!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Phogles said...

Oh, Natalie! That's just crazy! It's a good thing it was a family party. Family is much more understanding - and helpful! We love you Jenna. Happy Birthday!