Friday, February 29, 2008

My Entry way!!



Again, I must say my mom is amazing!!! I had started scraping the wallpaper...using a few of my friends suggestions...fabric softener, or windshield wiper fluid...it was working OK, but, it was miserably slow!
So, mom came to help me scrape and suggested that we rent a steamer...I had my doubts, but, when the wallpaper was all off after just two hours I was convinced!!! Wallpaper removal should never be attempted unless you have a steamer!!!! After the wallpaper came off...I had to decide what color....that was hard for me because I am such a perfectionist...anyhow, mom had some paint in her basement that she wanted me to look at and after checking it out we decided to try it and see if it looked alright. Well, as soon as we put paint on we knew...It was so perfect!!! I just love this room! Thank you mom so much for being my partner in this project!!! My entry way is amazing!!!!


So, after this room was done I looked around and wanted to do every room in my nastily wallpapered house!!! I decided to do the dining room...I figured it wouldn't be that hard since the entry way went so well....yeah right!! Mom, my partner in crime, went on a trip to Utah, and I began taking the wallpaper off. I rented a steamer and was hit with paint three layers in! So that had to be done and then I hit areas where the wallpaper had been plastered over! Yuck!...It has been two weeks and I am still not done....there was lots of repair....enormous cracks with holes attached...and it took a lot of mud, let it dry, sand, mud, repeat!.. My awesome Dad came over and changed out my light switches, and outlets so they all match! That is really exciting to me because I had black, beige, and gold outlets before...I am so happy to have all white...It looks so great! He also installed a new light in my entry way so I guess I need a pic of that...It is beautiful! Thanks Dad!!! You are the best!!! So, I just finished painting yesterday, I still have touch ups to do and I am debating ripping out the carpet ...(yes, carpet in the dining room...and yes, I have five kids!!!) It will go eventually...why not now???!! I will post pics of the dining room when I'm done! I went with the same color since I love it so much! Hopefully my dining room will turn out just as amazing as my entry way!
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Jen said...

yes - a steamer is the only way to go...well, at least until you hit all those other layers. Sounds like it all turned out great. I love the color in the entryway, can't wait to see the rest. High five to you & your parents!!

sperry said...

You are an incredible decorator Nat! You are so coming to my house to help me. Every house you have ever lived in I would walk into and be amazed... you have to help me. The entry looks great and I'm sure the Dining Room will be just as fabulous... and did you just say carpet???

Seth, Sarah and the kids said...

yup, it really is amazing. love it!

Jenny said...

Didn't we have fun? I love it too!