Wednesday, January 2, 2008
Snow, Christmas and a Happy New Year!
We have had a wonderful Christmas season! I absolutely LOVE snow, and this December we have already met the half way mark for our average snow fall totals for the year! It has been so beautiful! We had a lovely white Christmas! Our kids have played and played! We have lots of sledding, gorgeous snow angels, huge snow forts, and snow ball fights like none other! I had to draw the line though, when the boys thought it would be fun to have an ice ball fight! Not a good idea! Anyhow, we had a great Christmas, we spent lots of time with our families, and enjoyed every minute of it! Our little family Christmas was so much fun...I love the excitement that is in the house, the kids can hardly wait until morning, they made us agree to a five a.m. wake up call, then when we finally got them into bed they giggled and talked for at least an hour until they fell asleep. One of the best parts for me is imagining this night all over the world...families putting little ones to bed with the anticipation of a special morning...gifts and celebrating everywhere! Its amazing to think about!
Our family sat down together on Sunday and made some New Years resolutions. The kids were funny. They talked about brushing their teeth, being nicer to each other, taking more showers, keeping their toys picked up, etc. It was great! We convinced them to settle on a couple of major family goals and asked them to help us remember each night to read our scriptures and have a family prayer together before bedtime, and to have family night once a week. Erinn and I made the obvious goals to get out of debt, and lose weight. We do have some concrete plans to make sure these things happen so, with any luck, and lots of determination, we will have accomplished our goals by this time next year! (hopefully sooner:) Happy New Year!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



7 comments:
What fun pictures!! I have really enjoyed all this snow, too!! I just wish it wasn't so dang cold right now!! Good luck with your resolutions....I am getting ready to put mine on paper. Yikes!
I love how you write! Your pictures are So cute. I also made goals. One year I am going to make a goal that doesn't sound like the goals I make every year. Did that even make sense?
The kids' resolutions are so cute...showers and tooth brushing...hmmm, reminds me to add "floss more" to my list. And yes, the anticipation of Christmas is more than 1/2 the fun!
Happy New Year, Earnhearts!
Natalie,
You truly have a gift, putting in to words what other feel and think. I am always excited to see when you have a new blog. I know I will be inspired and as usual I am. You are awesome!
Loved having your family over... they are beautiful and sweet.
~Kimberly
It looks like you guys had a great Christmas!! We were so glad we got to come for a visit in December and we hope to come back soon.
don't you think it's time to blog again?
Hey Natty love you and miss you:) blog that you brushed your teeth or something :) We'll love it!
Post a Comment