Thursday, December 20, 2007

MERRY AND BRIGHT!!!













Hannah and Jenna have so enjoyed the Christmas decorations this year!


When we got the tree out, the week after Thanksgiving, everyone was excited to help decorate...Erinn went to sleep, (yup, you heard right...SLEEP:) the boys helped me get out all the boxes. Then we commenced the fake tree assembly...It wasn't long before Noah, Hannah, and I were the only ones left. SO we finished putting the tree together only to discover that we had one strand of colored lights and one strand of white lights (which only half worked). This was a problem...you can't put ornaments on until after the lights are on, so we waited until the next day, I bought four boxes of lights and put them on the tree. Well, they went ALMOST to the top of the tree. So, rather than going out again to buy more lights we decided to put on the colored lights and the half-working white lights....It looked really good, for awhile...then, after all the ornaments were up, the half-working white lights went out...taking a new strand with them! So, we only have lights on the lower half of our tree and ornaments on the upper half! Its really quite adorable, in a "kids must have done this" sort of way!
So, on to my Hannah and Jenna Christmas story!

Hannah has decided that ALL of the animals and people must be able to see Jesus, so she has carefully rearranged all of my Nativity sets in a lovely squished together arrangement!


Jenna loves turn the Santa's around so they can talk to each other and dance together. She also loves to let the cows and donkeys run noisily across the tables. So, one day I walk into the dining room to find Jenna hiding under the table with several of my Christmas things...I say what are you doing Jenna? she crawls sheepishly out from under the table and says, "I sowy mommy I bwoke your Christmas, don't spank me." I didn't know whether to laugh or cry...She is just so sweet. I told her its okay, just try to be very careful and don't break any more Christmas. So, I have a cow without a horn, a donkey without an ear, a Santa with no feet, and a Santa with no hat and SUPER GLUE is now on my Christmas list!!!



I love Christmas!!!
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Jenny said...

I love the nativity with all the animals set so they can see the baby. That is so sweet. I also love the picture of the girls in the beginning. and I love...well I just really enjoyed reading your blog.

Seth, Sarah and the kids said...

Your Girls are so cute!! They are both SO animated with animals and decorations!! hahah! How cute...don't spank me, Mom! Love that Girl! Isn't it wierd how you just don't care as much that stuff gets broken...When she is 15 ant asks why the ear and feet (ect.) are broken you can totally blame her!!! That will be fun!

Jen said...

Some of us have "broken" Christmas, some of us are just broke at Chritsmas :)